Employment with Edmonds Driftwood Players!
Edmonds Driftwood Players is one of the oldest community theaters in Washington State, proudly celebrating our 59th season. In residence at The Wade James Theater, a 219-seat house, located in beautiful downtown Edmonds, EDP offers over a dozen programs, including 5 Main Stage productions, 4 second-stage productions, a year round education program, several popular summer children’s programs, and other special performances throughout the year.
We are currently accepting applications for a part-time bookkeeper. Do you love details? Lots of distractions and busy work? Crunching numbers? We have the job for you!!!
Please read job description below and forward a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com if interested.
Supervisor: Managing Director
Classification: Year-round, Permanent Part-Time
The bookkeeper for Edmonds Driftwood Players works directly with the treasurer on various financial matters, including reporting. They also assist in the day-to-day office administration and function as a valued team member whose attention to detail, organizational skills, and can-do attitude are integral to our success.
Bookkeeping (using web-based, Quickbooks Online (QB))
- Enter vendor bills in a timely manner – scan to app or SS; keep file on site for bill payment
- Assist with financial reports as needed from QB
- Enter new Vendor/Contractor information into QB, ensuring required tax forms, etc. are completed
- Match bank entries with QB entries (download daily from bank)
- Reconcile monthly bank/investment account
- Pursue any returned deposit amounts for collection
- Prepare checks weekly (Mondays)
- Process payroll every other week
- Enter revenue (cash/check/credit card sales) from database to QB (code to productions/departments)
- Banking – deposit cash/checks several times per week
- Budgets (operating & production) – update in QB budgets as approved by Board
- Book adjustments (journal entries, etc.) in QB as needed
- Filing (keep vendor, payroll, and other files up-to-date)
- Work with Treasurer and (external) Accountant to prepare yearly tax filings
- Assist with phone calls and tickets sales as needed
- Assist Board Secretary in preparing contracts and other paperwork for production staff
- Assist with maintenance of necessary forms
- Order office supplies
- Assist with preparation of box office/will call materials as needed for productions
- Printing – provide support for office printing needs (programs, brochures, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
– Knowledge of Quickbooks Online software
– Computer skills (Microsoft and web-based applications a plus)
– Demonstrate proficiency in financial reporting and bookkeeping procedures
– Be accurate, responsible, organized and self-motivated
– Possess excellent communication skills
– Thrive in a busy office setting, presenting a personable and helpful demeanor
– Possess excellent time management skills
Salary: $15/ hour, 15 hours per week.
Benefits: Sick Leave accrual of 1 hour per 40 hours worked