Patron Experience Associate
Edmonds Driftwood Players (EDP) is an award-winning, volunteer-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit community theatre that has been entertaining, enriching, and engaging the King and Snohomish county communities since 1958, making it one of the oldest continually operating community theatres in Washington State. In November 2018, ARTSWA selected the downtown area of the City of Edmonds as Washington State’s first Certified Creative District, and EDP is proud to be the Certified Creative District’s venue for live theatre. We are seeking a Patron Experience Associate to join our small, but mighty team. If you have a passion for theatre, working collaboratively, providing an exceptional patron experience, and are savvy with MS Office, tracking details, and keeping things organized, this may be the job you’ve been looking for. The position is based on a 20 hour per week flexible schedule at EDP’s facilities in downtown Edmonds, Washington.
The Patron Experience Associate performs a variety of administrative, patron and public relations, and front of house support functions to ensure the successful day-to-day operation of EDP.
- Provide an exceptional experience as the first point of contact to answer phones and respond to and resolve phone, email, and online inquiries.
- Process ticket sales with patrons in ArtsPeople software.
- Stay up to date on EDP communication and activities, including marketing initiatives, patron and donor benefits, EDP events, and website.
- Maintain the ArtsPeople database, including running daily transaction reports and entering updates.
- Print and organize tickets, programs, forms, and related items for auditions, productions, and other EDP activities.
- Responsible for general office administrative assistance, such as scanning, copying, filing, and mail coordination.
- Coordinate the ordering and maintenance of office supplies and equipment, including water service, copier, and telephone system.
- Order and maintain front of house supplies and promotional items for the theatre, ensuring show-ready concessions, bar, will-call, lobby, and restroom areas prior to each production, approximately every other month.
- Transport all financial, and front of house-related documentation to and from the theatre prior to and after weekends when performances are scheduled.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and other organizational meetings.
- Work collaboratively across the organization, completing other duties and supporting EDP staff as needed and/or assigned.
- Job Type: Part-time, non-exempt employee.
- Pay: $15.00 per hour.
- Benefits: Employee discount, paid time off.
- Schedule: 20 hour per week flexible schedule, occasional evening or weekend availability helpful.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, walk, balance, bend and reach with hands and arms, use feet to operate foot pedal operation, and talk or hear. Occasionally required to climb ladders, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] to be considered for this position.
We regularly seek experienced directors for our Mainstage productions and Annual Festival of Shorts. Sign up to receive notification of our call for directors.
Our Annual Festival of Shorts is a great way for playwrights to present work to an enthusiastic audience. Hundreds of playwrights submit their plays and eight scripts are chosen to be performed over the highly popular weekend-long festival. Sign up to receive notification when we post our call for unpublished short (10-minutes) scripts.
THANK YOU TO OUR SEASON SPONSORS