Edmonds Driftwood Players awards scholarships each spring to deserving students of any age attending college or university. Scholarships can be used toward tuition at any college or university in the US.
Student eligibility rules:
- Be a graduating high school senior or currently attending college
- Have a permanent residence (usually where their parents live) in Snohomish or King Counties
- Have demonstrated talent in the theatrical arts (performing or technical areas) and intend to study theatre arts in college
Applicants are required to submit the following documentation to be considered for a scholarship award:
- Applicant name, current address, phone number, and e-mail address. (If a minor, then parent/guardian name(s) and address(s) are also required.)
- Name of your current school, and name of counselor/advisor
- Intended college/university for fall 2019
- A list of high school or college extracurricular activities, and any awards or honors received
- A letter of recommendation from a drama teacher or another theatre mentor
- An essay of 300-500 words about your interest in theatre arts and what you plan to study in college
- Transcripts of grades, including the 1st semester of senior year or latest quarter/semester of college
- Date of awards ceremony at your high school (if applicable)
Recipients will be selected by an evaluation of the above information. All of the above information is required. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for awards.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
Send Application Documents, postmarked by April 30, 2019 to:
Edmonds Driftwood Players
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 385
Edmonds, WA 98020