Edmonds Driftwood Players will award two scholarships of $500 each to deserving students of any age attending college or university in Fall 2018. Scholarships can be used toward tuition at any college or university in the US.
Student eligibility rules:
- Be a graduating high school senior (class of 2018) or currently attending college
- Have a permanent residence (usually where their parents live) in South Snohomish or King Counties
- Have demonstrated talent in the theatrical arts (performing or technical areas) and intend to study theater arts in college
Deadline for Application is April 13, 2018 (applications must be postmarked no later April 13, 2018).
Applicants are required to submit the following documentation to be considered for a scholarship award:
- Applicant name, current address, phone number, and e-mail address. (If a minor-parent/guardian name(s) and address(s) are also required.)
- Name of your current school and counselor or advisor
- A list of high school or college extracurricular activities, and any awards or honors received.
- Intended college for fall 2018
- A letter of recommendation from your school’s drama teacher or another theater mentor.
- An essay of 300-500 words about your interest in theater arts and what you plan to study in college
- Transcripts of grades, including the 1st semester of senior year or latest quarter/semester of college.
- Date of awards ceremonies at your high school (if applicable).
Recipients will be selected by an evaluation of the above information. All of the above information is required. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for awards.
Send Application Documents postmarked by April 13, 2018 to:
Edmonds Driftwood Players
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 385
Edmonds, WA 98020
Please contact the office if you have any questions. We are available Tuesday through Friday from noon until 5pm. 425.774.9600