Director Interviews for Edmonds Driftwood Players – 2017-18 Season
Thank you for your interest in directing a mainstage show with Edmonds Driftwood Players at the Wade James Theater in Edmonds, Washington. We are a volunteer-based, 501(c)3 non-profit community theater and have been entertaining and educating our community since 1958, making us one of the oldest, continually operating community theaters in Washington State.
Interviews are conducted by the members of the Play Selection Committee. At the end of the interviews, the committee will make their hiring recommendations to the board. After approval by the board, contracts will be offered to five directors – one for each of our five mainstage shows. Directors become an employee of the Board and will be partnered with a producer who will support and assist with the show. We are asking our directors to be available this year to attend our annual members’ meeting on Monday, March 6 at 7:30pm. Each director will have 2 – 3 minutes to share their vision for their show and at the end of the meeting, members will be invited to volunteer for the shows that interest them. This is a great opportunity to recruit backstage crew, set builders, board operators and more. If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to contact EDP Managing Director, Kim Smith at email@example.com.
All interviews will be held at the Driftwood Annex, 220 Dayton Street in Edmonds. Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment as there is no waiting room available. All candidates must sign up for an interview time and submit the following documents via email to the Managing Director by January 31.
1. A current (updated) resume.
2. A cover letter indicating which play(s) you are interested in directing. Please tell us about why you are interested and briefly describe your vision for the show.
3. Each director must read the scripts in advance or demonstrate good working knowledge of the plays.
If you are unable to make an appointment during the times listed below, please contact the Managing Director.
The shows selected for the 2017/18 Mainstage Season are:
- Baskerville, A Sherlock Holmes Mystery (Ludwig), Samuel French, September 8-24, 2017
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Music Theatre International, November 25-December 17, 2017
- To Kill A Mockingbird (original version), Dramatic Publishing, February 9-25, 2018
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Music Theatre International, April 20-May 13, 2018
- Sabrina Fair, Dramatists Play Service, Inc., June 8 – 24, 2018