We are so pleased to present this popular festival for the seventh year in a row! A great line-up of playwright finalists exhibit their most innovative, hilarious, or profound 15 minutes of stage-time and the audience gets to choose the winner!
Edmonds Driftwood Players is pleased to present our popular 7th Annual Festival of Shorts. Eight great Shorts were selected from over 200 submissions from around the globe. The finalists were chosen through “blind” readings by our selection committee. These “never before produced” Shorts will make their debut on the stage at The Wade James Theater in Edmonds. The theme of this year’s festival is “Paradox”. The selected playwrights will exhibit their most innovative, hilarious, or profound 15 minutes of stage-time, with actors & directors chosen through Driftwood auditions. Each night the audience selects their favorite and on Sunday, our panel of esteemed judges will select an overall festival winner. Festival producer and Executive Producer of the TIPs (Theater of Intriguing Possibilites) Series , Diane Jamieson is thrilled with this year’s sumissions and can’t wait for everyone to join us this year! Our Festival of Shorts closes out our 2015-16 Season and our TIPs Series.
And our finalists for 2016 are (in no particular order):
- I Couldn’t Compete with a Harley, C. Schindewolf, Bradenton,
- The Solution by R. Kimble, Seattle,
- Cupid by J. Cook, North Augusta,
- Our Ten by M. Levine, Pasadena,
- Stop Saying That by G. Smart, Quincy,
- The Doppelganger, J. Feldstein, Jackson Heights,
- A Prayer for the Firecracker Kid by A. Scully, Columbia,
- A Little Heartbreak by P. Hall, FL